Tuesday 15 February 2011

DPP Exercise 20 Improvement


Following routine processing in Camera Raw I selected the face and lightened it. I then selected the eyes and mouth, inversed the selection and applied a Gaussian blur to the rest of the image. I then re-selected the eyes and mouth and applied some sharpening. The result is shown above.

I suppose that is about as far as I would be prepared to go in terms of improvement and is fairly standard work with portraits. I do not know what is meant about an 'innocent, legitimate adjustment' because they are subjective terms and what they mean will vary from person to person. If I am asked what I had done with the photograph I would tell the enquirer. 

I always find discussions about the ethical questions that arise from the enhancement of photographs a sterile argument. If I gain no advantage from the changes I make then ethical questions do not arise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment