Saturday 5 February 2011

DPP Exercise 15 Black-and-White

Bearing in mind the need to convert the image to a black and white image I chose the subject for its starkness and that, in silhouette, it would have impact because of the tracery created by the lack of foliage on the branches of the tree. The 'mottled' sky meant that there would be tonal variation in the sky even after conversion.

The colour version was:


Following conversion to black and white using the Silver Efex filter in Photoshop the following image was produced:


My own preference in Black and White images is for starkness of subject or clarity of lines. I like to keep the subject simple and to compose the image with the minimum of clutter. Looking at the image I feel that I should have got closer to the ground in order to have the maximum amount of the tree against the sky rather than as shown. 


No comments:

Post a Comment