Friday 11 March 2011

A Quiet Period and an Amendment

Seem to be in the doldrums at the moment. Submitted Assignment 3 for DPP earlier this month and am awaiting my tutor's comments. I have completed the work for Assignment 4 and will send that when I get the reply for Assignment 3. Begun work on the final assignment and went into my local town only to find that there were very few people around at 9.0'clock in the morning. Got some shots but none were particularly inspiring. Decided to visit Snetterton (Norfolk) market that used to be a huge Sunday Market that was usually packed. The day I went it seemed deserted with only a scattering of people. Got some reasonable shots but not really what I have in mind. Still a number of places that I have earmarked for a visit. I am going to Derby tomorrow for the OCA outing and thought I would get there early and take the opportunity to get more images. As we are meeting at Derby Railway Station hopefully this will provide lots of material.

Been kicking around ideas about what Course to do next. Had been under the impression that we were only required to do two of the Level 1 Courses and could make up the rest of the credits by doing an extra Level 2 Course. I am sure that I read this somewhere. Apparently not! I thought it was wise to ask and got the reply that there is a requirement to do the three Courses at Level 1. May check if the alternative of doing one of the Creative Arts Courses still pertains as I quite fancy the Understanding Visual Culture Course. I have always been interested in the cultural aspects of what we 'see' and this may be a good way to get my head around the detail.

Amendment - In my recent blog on my visit to the Focus on Imaging Exhibition I suggested that it might be a good idea if there were examples of student's work on the OCA stand. Apparently there was a 'slide' show that could be viewed on a television screen. Never noticed it. Sorry folks I should pay more attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment