Thursday 3 March 2011

DPP Final Assignment

I have proposed to my tutor that the topic for the final assignment be street photography. Whilst he agreed he did point out that street photography is a style rather than a topic. Of course this is true but I am reluctant  at this stage to limit myself to a topic even if it is in the general style of street photography. My schedule allows me plenty of time to collect a wide range of images and from those gradually refine the selection until I have a viable topic that meets the criteria given in the assignment notes.

Limiting the selection early on presents a very high risk of concentrating on a very limited area of activity and missing something else that could have greater impact. For example it would seem to be a waste if I was concentrating on taking photographs of bank staff taking a smoking break outside if just round the corner there was a bank robbery going on. I exaggerate for effect.

I trust that in the early part of the project a number of possible topics will begin to present themselves that I can gradually reduce to a small number on which I can concentrate later photography finally arriving at the selected topic. Happily I do not have the problem of a close deadline other than one that I impose upon myself which is currently early May giving me a couple of months.

I propose using this blog as a journal of my work on a regular basis so that I can review what I have done and refine what I am going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment