Thursday 17 March 2011

DPP Assignment 5 photographs

Went into Bury yesterday morning because it was market day and I hoped that there would be more people around. Also went later in the morning to increase the chances of  a crowd. My strategy worked and I was able to get a selection of images that I can work on.

I decided to place myself in particular areas and let the world come to me. Although the temptation is to keep walking around in the belief that you might miss something you could equally be walking away from something that you would have photographed. Staying still seemed to work much better (it helped that I know the area well so could make some informed guesses where the best spot was likely to be) and it also meant that I only had to raise my camera to my eyes rather than stop, steady myself and then move the camera. I have yet to analyse the results but am hopeful.

I have the feeling that the theme that will come from this work that will link the final 12 images will probably change as I am only now focusing on specifics. Whilst I had some idea at the beginning as to what it was I wanted to achieve my main purpose was to get out and about practising street photography. I took the view that restricting myself to a particular theme right at the beginning would not be the best way to proceed because of my lack of experience of this type of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment