Monday 6 December 2010

DPP Assignment 1

Sorted through the images I had taken a couple of days ago winnowing them down to a manageable number. When creating the workflow I had set myself the task of a comparison between the building styles of the town's forefathers with the very recent additions that have caused controversy. I went out on the shoot with this in my mind but had not bothered to write down possible locations.

Whilst doing the sift I found myself moving towards the idea of using buildings that had a specific use (housing, civic and trade) and using examples from each to compare. It was at this point that I realised that I had missed a particular building that I had planned to shoot. I now need to return and get that shot. Whilst the opportunity will allow me to re-shoot one or two images that could be improved by taking them when there is less 'clutter' and the shoot is almost on my doorstep it is something of a pain.

Lesson learnt  -  think more carefully about the project and what I want to achieve and have a written list to ensure all the shots are taken. I do not see these as binding conditions in the sense that I could not change my mind during the shoot or take other shots that are not on the written list but at least I would minimise the chances of not achieving what I wanted the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment