Saturday 22 May 2010

Lecture by Dawn Osborn FRPS AFIAP

Yesterday evening I attended a lecture by Dawn Osborn at my camera club. Dawn is an exceptional photographer with her main interest being natural history. As she is a member of the camera club I have had a number of opportunities to see her work close up and have always been impressed.

Unfortunately I have little or no empathy with the subject matter but it did mean that I was able to view the images shown in a more dispassionate way. I approached each image to see how use had been made of the techniques described in the Course, 'The Art of Photography'  Part 1. It was an enlightening experience because I found clear evidence of them being used. No doubt, given the photographers vast experience they are now so much part of her technique that she never thinks about them.

Seeing the techniques in use re-inforced the message within the Course and were strong evidence of the impact that they can have on the final image.

No comments:

Post a Comment