Wednesday 12 May 2010

First Day at School

Received all the materials from OCA for 'Art of Photography ' and had the first read. Information overload was my initial reaction but took a deep breath and read the material more slowly concentrating on the elements that were of immediate relevance. Tried to recall my days as an Open University student and how I got over the feelings of panic and thoughts of "why did I join".

First glance at Course. Impressed by clarity of presentation of material and felt that I had made the right decision. Of particular import was the advice to look beyond the immediate material and take learning from the wider world. I am off to a meeting of the Distinctions sub-group of the Norfolk Photography Group this evening where members discuss there submissions or work in progress for Distinctions of the Royal Photographic Society. I shall look at it with new eyes.

Cedric Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment