Thursday 14 October 2010

Assignment 4 submitted

Sent my assignment to my tutor yesterday. It seemed to take a long time to finally get it ready for submission largely because of the amount of experimenting I did with photographic lighting sources. Had never used flash off camera so there was mistakes made (not least forgetting to switch the flash unit on!) and the results were not always those I had anticipated. Also had some difficulty in deciding exactly what was needed to meet the requirements of the exercise particularly whether to include background to the subject or to solely concentrate on it in the final image.

At least I now feel confident in handling this form of lighting although clearly there are still lessons and mistakes to be made. Another bow in my photographic armoury.

Overall I enjoyed this part of the Course as it made me realise how little conscious notice I had taken of lighting both available light and flash. The hope is now that it has become something that I apply to all my future photography without too much thought.

On to Part 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment